Virus proxy server is refusing Connections
4. Fix System File Problems
Google recommends running the SFC.EXE /SCANNOW program to check for – and fix – problems with protected system files on your Windows system if you are encountering crashes. To do this, locate the Command Prompt in your Start menu (press the Windows key and type Command Prompt), right-click it, and select Run as Administrator.
Type the "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" command in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
Windows will scan your computer for problems with system files sand fix any problems it finds.
5. Switch to a New Profile
Chrome crashes may be caused by a corrupted profile. You can test this by creating a new profile from Chrome’s Settings screen. Open the Settings page from Chrome’s menu and click Add new user under Users.
Most probably you may get the same alert if you were using another browser, i.e. Firefox
Try, just to be sure, with another browser.
Also, it depends if you are accessing the web site from an old Android phone or from your PC.
In the case of an old Android phone it may be possible that it doesn’t have the certificates used to sign the one currently used by your bank.
If this error Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error shown in Chrome browser, then following steps should be performed to fix the issue.
I don’t want to get too technical. The options here are two:
- try with another browser and if, as I suspect, you get the same error, try another network or the same network in another couple of days.
- Contact your bank and explain them the issue (especially if you have an old Android device), they may listen to you an re-issue their certificate allowing also old devices to surf their on-line services.
- Chrome display ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error for following reasons.
- If the website is down or temporary not working.
- Problem with your Internet Connection
- Website may be blocked by Firewall
- Website may be blocked in System Host file
- Either you are accessing website using proxy server
The solution to eliminate ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error are
That’s all I can say about it.
Step 1: Sign in to the portal
If you recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network that has a sign-in portal, try signing in.
- Go to any website starting with The Wi-Fi portal sign-in page will open.
- Sign in to the portal to use the Internet.
Step 2: Try opening the webpage in Incognito mode (computer only)
You'll see this error if you have any antivirus software that provides "HTTPS protection" or "HTTPS scanning" that prevents Chrome from providing security.
To fix the problem, try turning off your antivirus software. If the webpage works after turning off the software, turn off this software when you use secure sites.