Active proxy server
Employees today want to be productive at any place, at any time, and from any device. They want to work on their own devices, whether they be tablets, phones, or laptops. And they expect to be able to access all their applications, both SaaS apps in the cloud and corporate apps on-premises. Providing access to on-premises applications has traditionally involved virtual private networks (VPNs), demilitarized zones (DMZs), or on-premises reverse proxies. Not only are these solutions complex and hard to make secure, but they are costly to set up and manage.
There is a better way!
A modern workforce in the mobile-first, cloud-first world needs a modern remote access solution. Azure AD Application Proxy is a feature of the Azure Active Directory Premium offering, and offers remote access as a service. That means it's easy to deploy, use, and manage.
What is Azure Active Directory Application Proxy?
Azure AD Application Proxy provides single sign-on (SSO) and secure remote access for web applications hosted on-premises. This can include SharePoint sites, Outlook Web Access, or any other LOB web applications you have. These on-premises web applications are integrated with Azure AD, the same identity and control platform that is used by O365. End users can then access your on-premises applications the same way they access O365 and other SaaS apps integrated with Azure AD. You don't need to change the network infrastructure or require VPN to provide this solution for your users.
Why is Application Proxy a better solution?
Azure AD Application Proxy provides a simple, secure, and cost-effective remote access solution to all your on-premises applications.
Azure AD Application Proxy:
- Works in the cloud, so you can save time and money. On-premises solutions require you to set up and maintain DMZs, edge servers, or other complex infrastructures.
- Is easier to set up and secure than on-premises solutions because you don't have to open any inbound connections through your firewall.
- Offers great security. When you publish your apps using Azure AD Application Proxy, you can take advantage of the rich authorization controls and security analytics in Azure. You get advanced security capabilities for all your existing apps without having to change any app.
- Gives your users a consistent authentication experience. Single sign-on gives your end users the ease and simplicity of access to all the apps they need to be productive with one password.
What kind of applications work with Azure AD Application Proxy?
With Azure AD Application Proxy you can access different types of internal applications:
- Web applications that use Integrated Windows Authentication for authentication
- Web applications that use form-based access
- Web APIs that you want to expose to rich applications on different devices
- Applications hosted behind a Remote Desktop Gateway